I have typically looked at paint-by-number as I did when I was young. As a fun, easy project that ends with a decent picture. Well when you're anal about detail, as I certainly am, it makes for a very LONG project. These little buggers are way more detailed and intricate than I ever thought possible, but with that being said they're a blast.
Originally I was hunting for a Harley-themed cross stitch for my DB. This has turned out to be much harder than I anticipated and has not ended with much success. I picked up this Dimensions Paint By Number since I liked the scene and assumed he would as well.
This seems to be taking MUCH longer than I had figured it would. There are so many tiny little areas that need to be painted in what feels like 400 different colors. With that being said though, I do like how it's turning out so far. The only major downfall is that I'm trying to keep him from seeing it and, with no place to call my own for crafting, that is proving harder than I anticipated. I can't do anything unless he's not home. This has pretty much narrowed it down to the few Saturdays that I don't work in a month. So about every other week. The progress in this photo is as of 2 weeks ago. I can't seem to find the most recent picture so I will upload that one later today.
That's all I've got for the time being. Please feel free to follow and comment so I can follow you back! Enjoy!