Monday, December 22, 2014

The Countdown Begins

Hello Friends,

First let me give a belated welcome to the new followers! Welcome to the craziness!

And now I shall begin the post from H E double toothpicks. It has taken more time than I care to admit to get this post together, but apparently that's what the holidays do to me!

Last week was a whirlwind adventure of working, working some more, Christmas shopping, Christmas shipping (eww), parties, and of course stitching! I am counting down the minutes until Christmas!!!!!

Our office held the Christmas party on Friday which, aside from being an absolute blast, made the earlier part of my week so unbelievably busy! When you lose a day in this job it's like a mad dash to the finish line of getting things completed. Our dirty Santa gift exchange found me with a $20.00 gas card!! Since I put about a tank of gas in my car every other day, I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciated this.

I decided to make a cheese dip to bring which meant I had to wake up at the crack of dawn to get it made in time. All in all it was a rather fun (and filling, oh my God there was so much food) day.

Somehow, in all the running around, I managed to get everything for Christmas with the exception of a few small gifts for DB. Poor man gets shopped for so late. Every other present I buy has to be mailed out so they've all got to be completed much farther in advance. Even as I type this, I'm debating on which store to go to next. :-/ I also realized, as I did begin shopping for DB, that all the gift ideas I had for him I gave to my mother, his mother, and my grandmother. Helpful for them, but it just makes me have to think harder.

My surprise gift was received! I can not believe how quickly the package made it to her, but I was so thrilled to hear she loved everything. Whew. Many of you may remember the tags Lynn B made for me. See THIS post. I was so grateful for her kindness, I had to return the favor somehow. Of course, I forgot to take a photo of everything in the package, so go check out her post for the full details.


This was my first piece gifted (other than to a family member). It was also my first attempt at a Biscornu and I loved it!! I've been debating on which pattern I should use next as I really want to make one for myself now. You know, with all the spare time I have. :-)

I won something! It's a Christmas miracle! June was having a contest to see who could correctly guess the new design she has been stitching. Okay so I was the second to guess correctly, and June (in all her wonderful kindness) decided that the both of us would receive something from her. Isn't she so sweet?!?! Anyway, the colors are amazing, and after much googling, I managed to figure it out! It's a beautiful design by Luca-S called Tulips. Go check out her wonderful progress HERE.

In the midst of all this craziness, there was some stitching done. The Beast is slowly coming to life. I know I'm not really on this page yet, but I can't help myself. I'm a wee bit tired of sky and leaves/bushes/grass.


Now onto my new terrifying project. HAED. Enough said. So I bought my fabric, at some point last week I think. The time is running together at this point. Gridding is going to be the death of me. Only 4 lines done so far! I did finally managed to find all the floss I need, which put a little pep in my step. (Only 3 stores later) I've even got a nifty little box and about 3 million bobbins. So who wants to have a bobbin-winding party? I will provide coffee, lots of coffee.


The thread does look really pretty all laid out together, keep in mind this is only a small portion of what I still have to bobbinate. I can't wait to start stitching this.

That about sums it up for the time being. Thank you all again for your kind words and all the encouragement!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to start mine too! And count me in for the bobbin winding party LOL. I havent even started my grid yet. That will be done during the four and a half days I have off for Christmas. I'm so glad that our holidays are very calm and quiet. No parties or company.....just US. Beauty and Beast are looking awesome. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your biscornu is adorable Caitlin. Beast looks great. I am just going to wind the floss on my big projects as I need them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, great, your biscornu. And you made some great progress on your Beast piece.
    A new HAED, that's always something. I will start my first ever HAED in January, it's already kitted with everything. I'm really looking forward to it although the size is a bit intimidating.
    Congratulations on being a winner of June's giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty biscornu, Caitline! I know Lynn was so pleased to receive it :) And congratulations on winning the giveaway from June... Hope your luck continues on into next year! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your biscornu is so pretty. I love the blue you used. The Beast is coming along beautifully too.

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The biscornu is really pretty, and it sounds like you are having a lot of busy fun for christmas! Just makes relaxing after so much nicer, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *